Upload information about your clients or subscribers and use this data for targeting or segmentation. Prepare your contact list before import.
- To start an import, go to Contacts > Contact import and click on Upload File.
- Here, you can also see and download the examples of files in the supported formats.
- Set the necessary conditions in the system:
- Unique contact field: choose what field - Email, Phone Number, or both - will determine the uniqueness of the contact. For example, if your main communication channel is SMS, choose Phone Number; if you mostly use email campaigns, choose Email. This condition is necessary to avoid duplicates.
- Import empty values: enable this condition to import even empty fields.
- Ignore first line: enable this condition if the first line in your file contains column titles.
- Map fields: map the columns from your file to the corresponding fields in the system. The system automatically determines the format - text or number - and offers the corresponding fields.
- If you don't need some information, click on Skip above the corresponding column. The successfully matched columns are highlighted green.
If standard fields are not enough to include all the necessary data, go to Settings and add additional fields. You can add an unlimited number of fields to enable better personalization. See how to do it.
The first 100 contacts from the file are available for preview in the upload tab, and the system automatically calculates the number of errors and warnings, if any. The contacts with errors and warnings are labeled with a red or orange marker:
- Errors in the Unique contact field (Email or Phone Number) are labeled with red markers.
- Warnings in all other fields are labeled with orange markers.
- Contacts with errors or warnings are not uploaded or updated in the system.
- To correct the mistakes straight in the fields, click on Start the search of errors.
- Having mapped all the fields and corrected all the errors, if any, click on Next to proceed with import parameters.
The external ID is a unique identifier that lets you avoid duplicating contact profiles, collect all available data into a single contact profile, and get complete information about the customer interaction with your company. See External ID for Creating and Updating Users for more details.
When importing the contact’s base of your internal CRM system to Reteno, you can set the External ID as a unique contact field.
To choose the External ID field when setting up the field mapping at Step 2 Contacts:
- Click the down arrow beside the Unique contact field by option and select External ID from the dropdown.
- When setting the filed mapping, click the down arrow beside the column with a unique identifier in your file and select External ID from the dropdown.
Click Next to proceed with import parameters.
- If you select External ID as a unique contact field, you also have to assign External ID to a column of the imported file. If you fail to do that, the “Set the field External ID for one of the table columns” message appears.
- When you assign External ID to a column of the imported file, the Unique contact field by option sets automatically to External ID, and you cannot change it.
- If the imported file column assigned as External ID has empty values, the eSputnik system runs validation and issues the number of errors before and after importing the file.
- Choose a list where imported contacts will be added: a new list, an already existing list segment, or both. Contacts cannot be added to a dynamic segment or a combined segment.
- You can select an unlimited number of lists to add new contacts to. An import won’t start until you choose at least one list (new or existing one).
- When you import to a new list, add tags to ensure list filtration.
- You can launch a workflow, for example, a welcome series, right after an import. To do this, you need to create the event and the workflow in the system.
- You can restore previously deleted contacts by enabling the corresponding condition.
- You can see the details of every import in Import History:
- time and type of the import;
- import executor;
- contact statistics;
- lists where the contacts were added.
You can open any list by clicking on Go to List.
Updated 2 months ago