Launching Workflow Conditions
You can specify different launch conditions for workflows.
- Launch on event: the workflow is triggered by the selected event;
- Regular launch: the workflow launches for the selected segments based on the specified conditions;
- Launch on contact field change: the workflow is triggered by the change in the user’s profile.
Workflows triggered by the event are sent in response to a user’s action (trigger). It can be a subscription, registration, click in the message, purchase confirmation, app inactivity, etc. You can send events to Reteno via Firebase / API, and they can be generated within the system.
Let’s see how to configure the launch on the event using a workflow with a welcome mobile push as an example. This workflow is triggered by a registration in your app.
- Create a workflow and select the message that will be sent to all new subscribers.
- In Trigger configuration, select On event and select the event in Event type.
- In Process unique events, select once. This way welcome messages won’t be sent to users who attempt to register for the second time.
- Click Apply.
- In the general list, click Start and confirm it. The workflow status will change to Active.
- You can manage your workflows using the settings on the right.
Regular workflows are only launched for a dynamic segments. A dynamic segment includes users who match the pre-selected conditions. By default, regular workflows are launched once a day after users’ recalculation. You can change the frequency in the settings. Before creating a workflow, you need to create a segment you assign to this workflow.
- Create a workflow and select the message that will be sent to contacts included in the segment.
- In Trigger configuration, select Regular and select the segment. Configure other settings if needed and click Apply.
- In the general list, click Start and confirm it.
Learn more on how to launch a regular workflow.
On Contact Field Change
Changing the additional fields in the user’s profile can be a workflow trigger. It’s often used to notify about the completion of different actions, such as migration to another plan, subscription, change of preferences, unlocking a new loyalty program level, etc.
- Create a workflow and select the message that will be sent to users whose profiles have been changed.
- In Trigger configuration, select On contact field change and select the contact field. Click Apply.
Note that the workflow will launch only if the field is changed:
- After manual users’ import;
- After data transfer via the following methods:
If additional fields are changed manually or through any other method, the workflow will not start.
Updated 5 months ago