Please note that this feature is available only in the Growth and Enterprise plans.
To set up segmentation by events, go to your profile > Settings > Events.
To keep the event assigned to the contact, you need to know which event parameter contains the contact identifier and which contact field is used as an identifier.
For automated assignment, transfer standard parameters in the event:
- Field names are case insensitive.
- All event parameter names, except the email address, are case sensitive.
- If the event transfers several of the above parameters, it is assigned to the contact by the parameter that goes first in the table.
When the event with one of the parameters from the left column is sent, the system automatically assigns it to the corresponding contact field from the right column when it finds such an identifier.
For example, there is the event with the key PhoneNumber: +111111111111. The system recognizes that it was triggered by the contact with the specified phone number and starts searching for this contact. If such contact exists, Reteno will assign the event to this contact.
How to check event parameters
First, choose what type of event will be used for segmentation and make sure its parameters are correctly transferred.
Go to Automation > Event history.
Select the event type.
- Click the event name to see the event's parameters and check them with the parameters from the mapping table.
In the example, "phone" doesn't fit any value from the table due to case sensitivity.
|Event parameter||Contact field|
You need to configure additional mapping, so move to the next step.
If all the parameters correspond, you can move to set up events for segmentation.
To edit the event parameter name or contact field, configure the event assignment.
- Enable the Use custom parameter for event assignment switcher in account settings > Events.
- Fill in Event parameter and select the corresponding Contact field from the dropdown list.
- Go to Automation > Event types.
- Select the necessary event and enable Use event for contact segmentation.
- Only the events that occur after the feature has been enabled are used for contact segmentation.
- You can use up to 50 events for segmentation.
You can build segments based on event type, number, and parameters. The process is the same as for regular dynamic segments, but using additional parameters.
- Go to Contacts > Segments > Add a segment.
- Select Dynamic.
- Fill in all the fields and click Next.
- To add conditions, click Add card > Custom event > Other > your event name.
Note. This event category is available only if the corresponding event was sent to the system.
- With basic segmentation, you can segment events only by the number and type;
- With advanced segmentation, you can segment events by the event parameters.
For example, you need to include in a segment all customers from London whose first purchase was sneakers over $500.
Set up the following event parameters:
- Other → first purchase → totalPrice → more than 500
- Other → first purchase → items.title → sneakers
- Other → first purchase → city → London
The card would look as follows:
Note that today next to custom condition is set by default. To set another time, click today and select a value from a drop-down list.
- Click Done.
Updated 5 months ago