Sending Email Messages
Before launching an email campaign, you need to create a corresponding message and prepare a contact list.
Choose the email
- Go to Messages → Messages. Choose the message you want to send and click on the Start icon.
You can also use this option if you launch the campaign straight after the message creation.
In the pop-up window, choose segments or contacts for the campaign and click on Go to campaign.
You’ll be forwarded to the campaign scheduling with the following information.
- Campaign name. The name is generated automatically. It includes the message name and the contact segment name. You can edit the message name if necessary; segment names cannot be edited. You can find the email by its campaign name in Reports and Scheduled campaigns.
- Recalculate contacts. Click on it to see the number of contacts to whom the email will be sent.
- Included in campaign: contact segments selected for the campaign. Click on Edit to add or change segments.
- Excluded from campaign: contact segments excluded from the campaign. Click on Select segments or Edit to exclude other segments from the campaign.
- Multilanguage. For multilingual campaigns, you can see the number of messages in different languages. You can switch between languages in one click to see the corresponding copy.
- Message name: the name you set when creating the message. This name is automatically set as the UTM tag in utm_campaign.
- Tags. Each message can be attributed with tags for better search and filter.
- Subscriptions categories. You can create subscription categories in the profile settings and use them for more accurate campaign personalization.
- Subject: the subject line of the message. If it isn’t specified, you’ll see a corresponding notification. Go back to the email editor to specify the subject line. The messages without subject lines cannot be sent.
- Sender name. The name is automatically created based on the login. You can change it in your profile settings.
- Sender address. Check it if you use several email addresses to send your campaigns.
- Email copy. Before sending, double-check the email body. Make sure it has no spelling mistakes, broken links, broken images, irrelevant CTA, etc.
Here you can configure the following settings
- Set batching. Set your emails to be sent to all contacts as soon as possible, or limit the send speed, and specify the number of emails to be sent per a particular time period (minute, hour, day, week).
To opt for a limited sending speed, you need to have not less than 10 contacts.
- Specify the Annoyance level of the email campaign.
- Send a test email to check if the campaign is displayed properly.
- Schedule the sending date and time and recurrency (once, every hour, every day, every week, every month) of the sending.
- Click on Start immediately to start the launch.
Once you’ve started the launch, the campaign will be forwarded for moderation. Go to Campaigns > Scheduled campaigns to see the status of the campaign.
- Moderation: the campaign is being moderated. Moderation is carried out in +03 GMT, and takes no more than 10 minutes during working hours (Mon-Fri - 8 am - 7 pm; Sat-Sun - 9 am - 6 pm), and 1-3 hours in the evening time and on holidays. Moderation is not carried out at night.
- Blocked: the campaign has been rejected by a moderator. The email with the reasons for blocking will be sent to your email address.
- Confirmed: the campaign has been approved by a moderator and is waiting for the sending.
Once the campaign has been sent, it’s automatically transferred to Campaigns > Reports. Here you can see the information on the sending and the statistics.
Updated 10 months ago