You can create events automatically (via API / SDK) or manually.
The event sent via API / SDK is automatically registered in Other category with the name with which you stream it to us. After the first request, it will appear in your account, and you can see it in the Automation → Event types section.
But if you want to use one of our system events, firstly, you need to create it and specify its category.
- Go to Automation → Event types and click New event type.
Fill in Name (required).
Fill in Key (required). A key is a unique event identifier that is registered in the system. You can fill in any text in Latin, with numbers allowed, for example, click, sale1, etc. The main requirement is that the key should be unique for every event.
- In Category, select the necessary event category.
- If you enable the Segmentation by events option, switch Use event for contact segmentation. The availability of this option depends on your tariff plan. To enable it, please contact [email protected].
Enable Validate parameters.
The created event will appear in the general list of Event types.
The system automatically creates event types for regular workflows and workflows based on contact field changes.
In the Event type column, you will see the following information:
- Event type name (the numbers in the name correspond to the dynamic segment ID), segment name, segment ID — for regular workflows.
- Event type name (the numbers in the name correspond to the contact field ID), contact field name, contact field ID — for workflows based on contact field changes.
To copy either the name and segment ID or the name and field ID, click on the required field.
To edit, click the event in the list. To delete it, click the … icon on the right.
For a quick search, enter an event type name in the Search field and press Enter, or select the magnifying glass icon.
Now you can link the created event to the workflow so it will run the automated campaign.
Updated 3 days ago