Use this feature if:
- your website is not integrated with our system, and contacts are added via import;
- you don't have a website subscription form, but you have a contact list and want to launch messages for these contacts.
- Go to Automation > Workflows and click New workflow.
- Enter the title and description of the workflow. Build a chain of actions:
- Email to Segment (select the message and skip the segment field);
- Save the workflow.
- In Trigger configuration, select On event and select the event Imported new contacts in Event type. Set up processing unique events each time. Click Apply.
- Start the workflow.
- To start an import, go to Contacts > Contact import and click on Upload File.
Download the file, map contact fields, enable Launch a workflow after the import switcher in the Parameters, and select the event type from the dropdown menu.
The workflow will be launched after the import is finished.
1. Why my workflow doesn’t start?
The workflow launch may fail if:
- Contacts from the imported file already exist in the system;
- Contacts have been deleted or restored from the previously deleted contacts;
- The workflow uses the Email block instead of the Email to Segment block;
- The message isn’t selected in the block settings.
To test the created workflow, import a test contact list including several contacts. Once you've made sure everything works correctly, download the main contact list. At the end of the import, the campaign will automatically appear in Campaigns > Scheduled Campaigns. Once a moderator approves it, the emails will be sent.
2. Can I use other messages (SMS, push notifications) in my workflow?
Yes, you can. The procedure is the same as for email. Create the necessary message templates, insert the corresponding blocks (SMS to Segment, Push to Segment) and select the created message from the dropdown menu in the block settings.
Updated 8 months ago